Lightweight Insulating Castable Refractory Cement
- Minimum Purchase:
- 2 units
Ideal for insulating under the hearth firebrick (the cooking surface) in bread and pizza ovens!
- Replaces Vermiculite or Perlite in your oven base.
- Castable weighs approximately 35lbs per cubic foot and is shipped in a 50lb bag.
- For estimating purposes, approximately 3lbs will cover one square foot, one inch thick.
- Add approximately six gallons of clean water per bag and mix thoroughly. No other additives required.
- May be cast or troweled into place.
- Possesses cold crushing strength of approximately 200lbs per square inch.
- Apply at a minimum 2 – 3 inches thick.
- This product is Non-Water Soluble in service (under cooking surface firebrick).
This is a higher-end insulating castable which is a replacement to the lower-cost Vermiculite / Perlite & Portland Cement blend.