Mattone Barile Grande Wood Fired Pizza Oven Form
Building a wood fired pizza oven is not hard. Actually, building a pizza oven is quite easy! And while there are countless methods on how to build a pizza oven floating around the internet, there is no easier (or correct) way to build a pizza oven than by using the Mattone Barile Grande foam form. We’ve taken the science out of building a wood fired pizza oven by creating an easy-to-use foam form that holds your fire brick at the optimum height, width, depth and angle so you can easily build a perfectly proportioned wood fired pizza oven in a classic barrel shape.
Simply place fire brick snugly between the elevated ridges along the Mattone Barile Grande foam form, then mortar the fire bricks into place with refractory mortar, fireplace mortar or a similar type of non-water soluble high-temperature mortar. Once the high-temp mortar is dry, remove the foam form and perform a few curing fires before hosting your first pizza party. Keep in mind, pizza ovens perform much better when they are wrapped with 2 or 3 layers of ceramic fiber blanket (which comes with the Mattone Barile Grande / Package 2).
Benefits of the Mattone Barile Grande Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven Form:
- Interior Dimensions - 27"W x 19"H x 41"L
- Cooking Surface - 1107 Square Inches
- Great for Families of 5 or more
- Average Finished Pizza Oven Cost (Base & Oven) - $1400
- Excellent for Pizzas, Breads, BBQ & Smoking Foods
- Super-Easy to Build with Step-by-Step Instructions
- Classic design has been used for over 4000 years
- Works with any color of Refractory Brick or Fire Brick
- Will become the Focal Point of your Backyard!
- Build the Base and Oven in just 3 weekends (or less)
- A Great DIY Brick Pizza Oven Project for the Entire Family
- US & International Patents Pending
- Made in the USA!
This Mattone Barile Grande Package Includes:
- The Mattone Barile Grande Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven Form
- FREE SHIPPING in Continental US!
- Shipping to Canada & Free Border Delivery (Locations)
Mattone Barile Grande Installation Instructions & Materials Lists:
We store our Mattone Barile Grande Installation Instructions in PDF format on Google Drive. When downloading, you will be downloading directly from Google.
Don't forget to DOWNLOAD or PRINT the PDFs before you close the page!
- PC (24mb)
- Mobile (3mb)
Find a MATERIALS DEALER near you!
While the majority of your masonry materials can be found at your local Big Box hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Rona), be sure to visit your local Landscape & Masonry Supply Stores first! Not only are you supporting local businesses, but most Landscape & Masonry supply stores stock those hard-to-find items that the Box Box stores just don't carry. Items like Fire Brick, Fireclay, Lime, Stucco, etc... all the components necessary to build a pizza oven while on a budget. Prices on fire brick at your local landscape supply are usually LOWER than fire brick purchased directly from the manufacturer ($2.50 avg. per fire brick).
Want professional-grade refractory materials for your pizza oven project? How about a "just add water" high-temp mortar that is rated to 2800° vs. mixing / making high-temp mortar with silica sand, fire clay, portland cement & lime? Then you need to purchase your refractory materials from a manufacturer like HarbisonWalker International ($4.25 avg. per fire brick). With over 30+ HarbisonWalker locations, there's a good chance you live in (or near) a city with a HarbisonWalker distribution center. If pallet pick-up is not an option, most HarbisonWalker locations can schedule local / regional freight delivery for your order to your home or jobsite. Here are some money-saving Freight / Pallet Delivery Options if you choose pallet delivery.
More Information about the Mattone Barile Grande and BrickWood Ovens:
- Mattone Barile Grande Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Mattone Barile Grande - Main Product Page
- Mattone Barile Photo Gallery - Thousands of Mattone Barile oven pictures (and videos) in all stages of construction.
- View the ENTIRE line of BrickWood Ovens Outdoor Pizza Oven Kits!
- BrickWood Ovens - America's FASTEST growing Outdoor Pizza Oven company!
- Questions? Visit the BrickWood Ovens Forum for the answers to the questions you haven't even thought of yet!
- Let our friends from Backyard Flare LLC show you how to build an Outdoor Fireplace with their detailed DIY plans.
- Before you start building, make sure you download the most recent version of our How to Build an Outdoor Pizza Oven plans.
- The BrickWood Box - The World's Most Versatile, Longest Lasting, Outdoor Cooking System!
- Ready for your next DIY project? Our Homemade Smoker is a fun family that will last for many delicious generations.
- Build a restaurant-grade BBQ grill in your backyard with our Smoker Grill Combo Package.
- Roast or Smoke an entire 100lb pig with our restaurant-grade Pig Roast Kit.
- There are 3 ways to cook Wilbur with a BrickWood Box… Smoke, Roast and with our Commercial-Grade Pig Rotisserie.
- Rare? Medium? Well-Done? Cook and serve to all doneness levels at the same time with our HUGE Uruguayan Grill grate.
- Take your outdoor cooking to the next level with our Outdoor Deep Fryer.